The recalled sausages were produced and packaged between June 1, 2018, and August 1, 2018. Specific products affected include:
- Various weight sealed plastic packages containing “Chevapi Balkan Style Sausage” with lot code date of 18018 through 27018
- Various weight sealed plastic packages containing “Pljeskavice Balkan Style Sausage” with lot code date of 18018 through 27018
These products feature the establishment number “1200 SEOH” inside the USDA mark of inspection on the front of the packaging, as well as lot codes 18018 thru 27018 on the underside of the package.
The sausages were sold at the following establishments across Northeastern Ohio:
- Mentor Family Foods located at 7294 Lakeshore Blvd., Mentor, Ohio
- Alesci’s located at 29730 Lakeshore Blvd., Willowick, Ohio
- PV Euromarket located at 4805 W. Pleasant Valley Rd., Parma, Ohio
- More Than Convenient Market located at 666 Carnegie Ave. #L, Akron, Ohio
- Ziggy’s Produce located at 4641 Broadview Rd., Cleveland, Ohio
- Taste of Europe Foods located at 15512 Madison Ave., Lakewood, Ohio
If you purchased any of the recalled sausage you should not eat it, even if it looks normal, and either discard it immediately or return it to the point of purchase for a refund.
To date, there have been no food poisoning injuries or other adverse events associated with the recall, according to Jugos.
Source: FOX 8