The brands involved in the recall include certain Trader Joe’s, Green Giant Fresh®, Growers Express® and Signature Farms® products.
They were sold at grocery stores including Trader Joe’s, Stop & Shop, Shaws, Ruby Robinson (PFG), Procacci, Native Maine, Four Seasons, Food Lion, C&S, Bozzutos, and Big Y Foods.
Most of the recalled products are labeled with a “Best If Used By” Date between June 26 and June 29, 2019.
The recall was issued after a single product tested positive for Listeria monocytogenes by the Massachusetts Department of Health, according to Tom Byrne, President of Growers Express:
“We are deep sanitizing the entire facility and our line equipment, as well as conducting continued testing on top of our usual battery of sanitation and quality and safety tests before resuming production.”
The following products are included in the recall:
- Green Giant Fresh Cauliflower Crumbles “Fried Rice” Blend
- Green Giant Fresh Cauliflower Sweet Potato Crumbles
- Green Giant Fresh Butternut Diced
- Green Giant Fresh Butternut Cubed
- Green Giant Fresh Ramen Bowl
- Growers Express Butternut Peeled
- Signature Farms Cauliflower Crumbles
- Green Giant Fresh Zucchini Noodles
- Trader Joe’s Butternut Squash Spirals
- Trader Joe’s Zucchini Spirals
For specific product SKU, UPC, Lot No., States affected, and Best-By dates, please visit the FDA recall notice.
Listeria is a bacteria that can cause serious food poisoning illnesses. Symptoms often include a high fever, severe headaches, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths in pregnant women.