The recall affects the following products:
- 15502 DOUBLE R RANCH 100% GROUND BEEF 15503 DOUBLE R RANCH 100%
- GROUND BEEF 15602 ST. HELENS 100% GROUND BEEF
- 15603 ST. HELENS 100% GROUND BEEF
- 15604 ST. HELENS 100% GROUND BEEF
- 15606 ST. HELENS 100% GROUND BEEF
- 15607 ST. HELENS 100% GROUND BEEF
- 15608 ST. HELENS 100% GROUND BEEF
- 15609 ST. HELENS 100% GROUND BEEF
- 15518 DOUBLE R RANCH COURSE GROUND BEEF CHUBS
- 98505 SRF AMERICAN WAGYU BEEF FINE GROUND BEEF CHUBS 98506 BEEF
- BONELESS GROUND CHUCK BLEND SMOKED
These items were produced on Dec. 27, 2018, and include a “Use or Freeze by” date of 1/20/19, FSIS said.
The recalled beef was distributed nationwide in 1, 3 and 10-pound packages from 71 to 90% lean. All was packed on Jan. 22, 2019 for institutional use only. The recalled beef bears the establishment number “EST. 235” inside the USDA mark of inspection.
The problem was discovered following a customer complaint to the company on Feb. 28. To date, there have been no injuries or other adverse events associated with the recalled beef, FSIS said.
The agency is concerned that some of the recalled products may still be in consumers’ freezers. If you purchased any of the above meat, you should not eat it, and either throw it away or return it to the point of purchase for a refund.
Source: FOX News