Madison Coe, a 14 year-old girl from Lubbock, Texas, died of an apparent electrocution on July 9 when she was at her father’s home in Lovington, New Mexico.

Family members found her unresponsive in the bathtub with burn marks on her hand. She either plugged her cellphone into a bathroom outlet or grabbed the already plugged-in phone as she sat in the tub.

An investigation by the Lovington Police Department determined that the “initial evidence shows signs consistent with that of electrocution.”

Her family is now speaking out to raise awareness about the dangers of electricity and plugging in any electrical appliance near water.

Her grandmother Donna O’Guinn told KCBD-TV:

This is such a tragedy that doesn’t need to happen to anyone else. And we want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your cell phone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging.”

Madison had just graduated from the 8th grade at Terra Vista Middle School in Frenship ISD, where she played basketball and was and the number one chair with her tuba in the band.

A GoFundMe created by family friends in Coe’s honor has already raised over $10,000.

Source: Texas girl electrocuted while using cellphone in bathtub

Related News Articles

Posted by Daily Hornet

We aim to provide progressive news that covers politics and corporate wrongdoing. We have no corporate interests to serve. No hidden agenda. We’re here to bring you the news you need to know with a grassroots twist.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.