The recall only applies to about 21 boxes of Cap’n Crunch Peanut Butter Crunch cereal sold in the Midwest, the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) said in a recall notice issued on Friday.
The recalled Cap’n Crunch Peanut Butter Crunch cereal was sold at the following locations:
- Super Target 4001 N.132nd St., Omaha, NE 68164
- P-Fresh 4250 Rusty Rd. Saint Louis, MO 63128
- Super Target 10800 E. 21st St., N. Wichita KS 67206
- Super Target 8201 S. 40th St. Lincoln, NE 68516
- P-Fresh 1040 N.E. Coronado Blue Springs, MO 64014
The 17.1 ounce boxes have a UPC code of “0 30000 6211 1” and Best Before Dates of JUL 30 19 or JUL 31 19.
If you purchased any of the above products, you should avoid eating them no matter how irresistibly peanut buttery they may seem, and either discard them immediately or return them to the point of purchase for a refund.
To date, no salmonella infections or other adverse events have been linked to the recall, FDA said.
Source: FOX 5 DC