GM says the brake pedal pivot nut on the recalled models may loosen, which could render the driver unable to stop the vehicle if the brake pedal is loose or inoperative.
The recall affects:
- 2015-2016 Chevrolet Silverado
- 2015-2016 GMC Sierra 2500
- 2015-2016 GMC Sierra 3500
- 2015-2016 Chevrolet Silverado special service pickups
- Certain Chevrolet Tahoe SUVs manufactured for police departments and other government agencies.
GM says it will fix the problem free of charge by having dealers add adhesive to the nut and reinstall it with increased tightness. It plans to notify vehicle owners but hasn’t said when the fix will be available.
The automaker didn’t say whether any accidents or injuries have resulted from the issue.