The recalled hair dryers and their power cords have the potential to overheat and catch on fire, posing fire, burn and electrical shock risks, CPSC said in a recall notice issued on Wednesday.

The agency said it is aware of at least “193 reports of the hair dryers or power cords overheating, melting, exploding or catching fire, including 18 reports of burns and two reports of minor electrical shock.”

One of the burns was severe, CPSC said. Four caused minor blisters to hands, wrists or fingers.

The recalled hair dryers were sold online from October 2014 until August 2018. Affected models can be identified with one of the following SKU numbers: XTV010001, XTV010001N, XTV010002, or XTV010002N.

Anyone who owns one of the recalled hair dryers should stop using it immediately and contact Xtava for a replacement.

Source: Miami Herald

Posted by Ray Simon

Ray Simon is a veteran copywriter with more than a decade's worth of experience in the field. He studied journalism at Vanderbilt University, graduating Cum Laude in 2007. Ray currently specializes in writing content and news articles for independent publications.