The company that distributed the cookie dough, Aspen Hills, Inc., sold about 22,000 cases of the product to 27 companies. Aspen Hills issued a voluntary recall of its cookie dough pieces after the company found lapses in its food safety program which could have allowed the product to become contaminated with listeria. The issues discovered by Aspen Hills include inadequate documentation and failure by employees to wear proper uniforms.
Blue Bell Creameries
Brenham-based Blue Bell Creameries announced yesterday that it is expanding last month’s ice cream recall to include all of its ice cream products containing cookie dough. Products affected by the action include:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (1/2-gallon and pints)
- Cookie Two Step (1/2-gallon and pints)
- Blue Monster (3-gallon)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie (3-gallon)
- Krazy Kookie Dough (3-gallon)
Blue Bell said that while its new test-and-hold program hasn’t detected any listeria in the products, it went ahead with the expanded recall after Aspen Hills provided additional information on the impacted cookie dough.
“Blue Bell is initiating this recall out of an abundance of caution,” the company said. “Consumers should not eat the recalled products and are encouraged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.”
Wells Enterprises is recalling 2 lots of Blue Bunny Hoppin’ Holidoodle Ice Cream that contain snickerdoodle cookie dough pieces from Aspen Hills. This is a seasonal holiday flavor with limited geographic distribution in the following states: Nebraska, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Arizona, and Texas.
Chocolate Shoppe and Baked Bear Ice Cream
Madison, Wisconsin-based Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream Co. has issued a recall for the following products:
3-gallon Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream containers
- Cookie Dough, marked: 12/29/17, 12/19/17, 12/13/17, 12/9/17, 12/6/17 11/26/17 and 11/15/17
- Heaps of Love, marked: 12/29/17, 11/24/17 and 11/8/17
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough, marked: 12/1/17 and 11/18/17
- Sticks and Stones, marked: 12/27/17, 12/2/17 and 11/10/17
- Yippee Skippee, marked: 12/1/17
Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream pints
- Cookie Dough, marked: 12/13/17, 12/9/17 and 11/26/17
Baked Bear brand 3-gallon containers
- Cookie Dough, marked: 11/26/17 and 11/15/17
Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream Co. is asking customers to destroy the affected products and contact the company for a full refund.
Publix Super Markets is recalling its Premium Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough sold at grocery stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee and North Carolina. Affected products have a UPC #000-41415-03843 and “Best-By” date of May 27, 2017.
Additional recalls are expected in the near future.