The house fire occurred on October 23 in Manchester Township, Pennsylvania, destroying 1 townhouse and damaging 4 others.

It follows a fatal house fire on March 10 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania that killed two young girls. A firefighter responding to the house fire in March was also killed in a traffic accident on the way to the scene. The fire occurred as the hoverboard was re-charging by the front door.

Over 3,000 LayZ Boards were imported to the U.S. from China, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).

Due to the fire hazard posed to consumers of all ages by these hoverboards, CPSC is urging the public to stop charging and stop using their LayZ Board.”

The problem is that the lithium-ion battery can overheat and catch on fire. Consumers who dispose of their hoverboards should take them to a local recycling center for safe handling of the lithium-ion battery.

Hoverboards have caused over 250 fires since 2015, 13 burn injuries, 3 smoke inhalation injuries, and over $4 million in property damage. The CPSC has recalled over half a million hoverboards since 2016.

The LayZ Board is a 2-wheeled, battery-powered, self-balancing scooter with a pivoting foot platform It does not have a handlebar. The name LayZ Board appears on the front of the hoverboard.

Source: Following Second House Fire, CPSC Warns Consumers to Stop Using LayZ Board Hoverboards

Related News Articles

Posted by Daily Hornet

We aim to provide progressive news that covers politics and corporate wrongdoing. We have no corporate interests to serve. No hidden agenda. We’re here to bring you the news you need to know with a grassroots twist.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.