Safety officials confirm that a LayZ Board hoverboard caused a tragic house fire on March 10, 2017 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, which took the lives of two young girls.
Hoverboards with lithium-ion batteries can overheat, catch on fire, or explode while they are being charged. Over 500,000 were recalled last year and consumers should check if their hoverboard is on the list.
A charging hoverboard sparked a fire that killed a toddler and critically injured two other children in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Fire officials are telling parents to get rid of the dangerous toys.
A family from Nashville whose $1 million home was destroyed in a fire caused by an exploding hoverboard has filed a products liability lawsuit against Amazon.
After dozens of reports of fires severe burn injuries, over 500,000 hoverboards were recalled because the batteries can blow up.