YSN Imports, the company that manufactures the propane tanks, has received at least two reports of connecting valves unscrewing from Flame King, Little Kamper and U-Haul-brand cylinders, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
Products affected by the recall include:
Brand Size Color Serial Number Range
- Flame King 14.1 oz. blue 000001 through 004700
- Flame King 16.4 oz. green 000001 through 020800
- Little Kamper 16 oz. green 000001 through 020800
- U-Haul 1 lb. blue 000001 through 004700
- U-Haul 1 lb. green 000001 through 020800
The propane cylinders are designed for use with outdoor appliances, and were sold from Nov. 2013 to Sept. 2016 for between $10 and $15.
If you purchased any of the above items you should stop using them immediately and contact YSN Imports for a full refund or replacement cylinder.
To date, no injuries have been reported in connection with this recall.
Source: ABC News