Fiat is warning drivers of affected vehicles not to use their cruise control until the problem is fixed with a software update, according to TheStreet.
The problem has been reported to occur when the vehicle is accelerating on command from active cruise control at the same time there is an electric short in the system. When this occurs, it can prevent cruise control from being disabled through the use of the brakes or the engagement/disengagement button.
Vehicles affected by the recall include:
- 2014-2019 Ram 1500 pickup
- 2014-2018 Ram 2500, 3500, 4500 and 5500 pickups and chassis cab trucks.
- 2015-2017 Chrysler 200
- 2014-2018 Chrysler 300
- 2017 and 2018 Chrysler Pacifica minivan
- 2015-2018 Challenger
- 2014 to 2018 Charger, Journey and Durango
- 2014 through 2018 Jeep Cherokee and Grand Cherokee
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler
Fiat Chrysler will begin notifying customers about the recall as early as next week. The company is urging customers to follow all instructions and get the repairs done as soon as possible.
Source: Popular Mechanics