Addie Mae Davis, a 2-year-old girl, was celebrating her first trick-or-treating experience on Halloween night. The evening took a tragic turn when a pressure cooker exploded when her mother opened the lid.

Addie suffered severe burns across her face and body (1st, 2nd and 3rd degree) and was hospitalized at VCU’s Burn unit in Richmond, Virginia. Her exhausting treatments have included painful daily wound debridement.

The girl’s grandfather explained that Addie’s mother was using a pressure cooker to cook chicken for dinner. She vented it, and when she came back 30 minutes later, it malfunctioned and exploded when she opened the lid.

“It gave the all of the indications that it was vented and ready to be opened. As soon as it was opened, it just blew up,” he explained.

The girl’s mother was holding the lid when the explosion occurred. She suffered burns to her chest, but refused to undergo treatment so she could stay with her daughter.

The family did not have health insurance when the accident occurred. To help them pay for medical bills, the girl’s grandparents started a GoFundMe.

Scales of JusticeEditor’s note: For more information on pressure cooker lawsuits and your legal rights, please contact the law firm of Johnson Becker, PLLC. The firm is currently evaluating exploding pressure cooker cases in all 50 states.
Click Here for a Free Confidential Case Consultation

Source: Niceville 2-year-old seriously injured in pressure cooker explosion

Posted by Daily Hornet

We aim to provide progressive news that covers politics and corporate wrongdoing. We have no corporate interests to serve. No hidden agenda. We’re here to bring you the news you need to know with a grassroots twist.