A lawsuit has been filed by a man from Georgia who was burned by an explosion of food when he opened the lid on his pressure cooker.

The incident involved a Chef’s Mark® Pressure Cooker (Model Number CYD-100-V), which is a 10-quart electric pressure cooker with a slow-cook function.

According to the lawsuit, he was burned in July 2021 when he was able to rotate and open the pressure cooker’s lid while it was still pressurized.

Opening the lid caused the “scalding hot contents to be forcefully ejected from the pressure cooker and onto Plaintiff,” the lawsuit states.

He accuses the manufacturer of selling an “unreasonably dangerous pressure cooker” and failing to remove the defective product from the market, which resulted in “significant and painful bodily injuries.”

He is seeking compensation for his serious injuries, physical pain, mental anguish, diminished enjoyment of life, and other damages.

The defendants are Bluestem Brands Inc., doing business as Fingerhut, a Minnesota corporation.

His lawsuit was filed on July 3, 2023 in the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota — Case Number 0:23-cv-02019.

Scales of JusticeEditor’s note: For more information on pressure cooker lawsuits and your legal rights, please contact the law firm of Johnson Becker, PLLC. The firm is currently evaluating exploding pressure cooker cases in all 50 states.
Click Here for a Free Confidential Case Consultation

Posted by Daily Hornet

We aim to provide progressive news that covers politics and corporate wrongdoing. We have no corporate interests to serve. No hidden agenda. We’re here to bring you the news you need to know with a grassroots twist.