Last year’s hottest Christmas gift was a lot hotter than anyone expected — literally.

There have been 99 reports of lithium-ion batteries overheating, catching on fire, or exploding. Over a dozen people have been severely burned and a few homes have burned to the ground.

The Swagway X1 had 42 reports of battery pack fires or explosions, with 16 reports of severe burn injuries and property damage.

Hoverboard Powerboards (commonly sold in mall kiosks) were linked to 27 reports of battery pack explosions. Another 17 incidents were associated with Hover-Way hoverboards that were sold on QVC.

In addition to the fire hazard, the government has received dozens of reports of people who were injured after falling off a hoverboard. According to the CPSC:

“Some of these injuries have been serious, including concussions, fractures, contusions/abrasions, and internal organ injuries. Always wear a proper helmet and padding while using this product.”

The CPSC and 10 hoverboard manufacturers recalled the following products:

Source: CPSC

Related News Articles

Posted by Daily Hornet

We aim to provide progressive news that covers politics and corporate wrongdoing. We have no corporate interests to serve. No hidden agenda. We’re here to bring you the news you need to know with a grassroots twist.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.