The company said use of the recalled medicines could result in life-threatening infections in some children.
Products affected by the recall include:
• DK Attention & Learning Enh.
• Chicken Pox Symptom Relief
• Children’s Appetite & Weight
• Children’s Appetite Enhance
• Children’s Cough Relief
• Children’s Fever Reliever
• Children’s Growth & Development
• DK Newborn Tonic
• DK Nosebleed Relief
• Children’s Ear Relief Formula
• DK Teething
• DK Colic Relief
• Tummy Aches
• Kids Multi-Strain Flu Relief
• Kids Stress & Anxiety
• Kids Sleep Aid
• Kids Bed Wetting (NP)
• Kids Candida 4 oz
• Kids Attention & Learning (SCRX)
• Bed Wetting Prevention (SCRX)
• Chicken Pox Symptom Relief (SCRX)
• Children’s Cough (SCRX)
• Children’s Ear Formula (SCRX)
• Children’s Fever Reliever (SCRX)
• Children’s Growth & Development (SCRX)
• Colic Relief (SCRX)
• Newborn Tonic (SCRX)
• Teething (SCRX)
• Tummy Aches (SCRX)
• Children’s Appetite & Weight (SCRX)
• Children’s Appetite Enhancer (SCRX)
These medicines were produced between Aug. 1, 2017, and April 2018, and have tested positive for microbial contamination, FDA said. Although King Bio describes the number as a small percentage, it is issuing the recall “out of an abundance of caution.”
All of the recalled medicines were packaged in 2-oz. bottles, unless otherwise noted.
King Bio says it is sending letters to customers and distributors to arrange for a return and replacement of the drugs. Customers may also contact the manufacturer by email to make a return.
To date, there have been no reports of illness or other injuries associated with the recall, FDA said.
Source: CBS News