The recalled veggies were produced by National Frozen Foods Corp. and distributed in bulk to the following states: Florida, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Washington.
Specific products being recalled include:
- Bountiful Harvest Foundations and Bountiful Harvest Originals green beans, lot No. 17100903A02;
- Sysco Classic and Sysco Imperial green beans, lot No. 17102703A03;
- NW Treasure green beans, lot No. 17102603A02;
- Valamont green beans, lot No. 38474-7H08F3N and 38510-7H11F3N;
- The World’s Harvest green beans, lot Nos. 38475-7H08F3N and 38475-7H08G3N;
- Simplot Classic’s Meadow Blend mixed vegetables, lot No. 965AUG081705H;
- Monarch’s Capri Blend mixed vegetables, lot Nos. 38511-7H11G3N and 38511-7H11H3N.
Also being realled are several cases of unbranded green beans with lot Nos. 38627-7H28A3N; 38627-7H28B3N; 38627-7H28C3N; 38627-7H28D3N; and 38627-7H28E3N.
Lot numbers on affected products can be found on the back of the 32-ounce bags or the side of the master case box.
Infection with Listeria monocytogenes causes listeriosis, a condition that affects about 1,600 people each year in the U.S., including 260 people who die from its complications, according to the CDC. Pregnant women, newborns, the elderly, and individuals with compromised immune systems are most vulnerable to the illness. Signs and symptoms include:
- Muscle aches
- Loss of balance
If you purchased any recalled products, you should discard them immediately or return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
To date, no listeria infections or other illnesses have been associated with the recall.
Source: Miami Herald