Chloraprep™ 3 mL applicators and some medical convenience kits were recalled due to a risk of severe, life-threatening fungal infections.
At least 7 children who had open-heart surgery at Children's Hospital of New Orleans between May and July 2017 developed surgical-site bacterial infections from a machine in the operating room.
A jury in Washington state has ordered Olympus Corp. to pay $6.6 million to a hospital in Seattle after a patient died of a "superbug" infection that he got from a contaminated TJF-Q180V duodenoscope.
Indiana hospitals are warning over 8,000 open-heart surgery patients they may be infected with a slow-growing bacteria from a contaminated machine that heats or cools the blood during surgery.
The most common symptoms are fever and chills, but Candida auris is hard to detect because symptoms resemble other fungal infections. Diagnosis also requires special lab tests.
A transplant patient who died from a fungal infection he got at a hospital in Pittsburgh has died, making him the 5th victim in an outbreak that began in 2014.