The recalled Country Fresh vegetables were packaged under the Southeastern Grocers (SEG) label and sold in 6-, 10-, 12- and 23-ounce packages.
Affected products include:
- SEG Tri Pepper Dice – 3825911565 (6 oz. package)
- SEG Stir Fry Vegetable – 3825911781 (10 oz. package)
- SEG Fajita Blend – 3825911785 (12 oz. package)
- SEG Vegetable Kabob – 3825911592 (23 oz. package)
These products have sell-by dates ranging from Aug. 12 to Aug. 20. Customers who purchased any recalled vegetables should discard them immediately or return them to the place of purchase for a recall.
Listeria infection, or listeriosis, is a foodborne illness that typically affects children, the elderly, pregnant women and people with compromised immune systems. However, in rare cases otherwise healthy adults can become infected as well.
Symptoms of listeriosis include:
- Muscle aches
If the infection spreads to the nervous system, symptoms may include:
- Stiff neck
- Confusion or changes in alertness
- Loss of balance
To date, no illnesses have been reported in connection with the recall.