Dozens of people in California and Arizona who ate raw salmon in sushi, sashimi or poke have been sickened in an outbreak of Salmonella.
At least 159 people in North Carolina were sickened after eating at sushi bar kiosks located inside two Harris Teeter stores in Concord.
A recall was issued for tail-on butterfly shrimp sold at sushi bars in supermarkets across 40 states due to a risk of bacterial contamination that can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, and body chills.
Trader Joe's and other stores recalled a variety of ready-to-eat sushi products due to a risk of Listeria food poisoning infections.
The FDA is warning sushi restaurants and other retailers in Texas and Louisiana that raw tuna and salmon from Topway Enterprises Inc., also known as Kazy’s Gourmet, may contain Listeria bacteria.
Several types of pre-packaged AFC Sushi® tuna sushi has been recalled at Price Chopper and Market 32 stores due to a possible risk of Listeria contamination.