More than 500 people in the Midwest were infected with Cyclospora parasites after eating bagged salads with iceberg lettuce, carrots and red cabbage.
Fresh Express expanded a recall for bagged salads sold at Walmart and other stores after hundreds of people got parasite infections.
After 76 people were infected with Cyclospora, health officials warn consumers in 6 states to avoid certain bagged salads at Hy-Vee, Aldi and Jewel-Osco.
A recall was issued for Wild Harvest® Organic Basil after a product tested positive for Cyclospora parasite contamination.
The first lawsuit has been filed against two popular restaurants in Jacksonville, Florida, after an outbreak of Cyclospora parasite infections were traced to fresh basil imported from Mexico.
At least 3 lawsuits have been filed by people who were infected with the Cyclospora parasite after eating fresh basil at Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant in Jacksonville, Florida.
At least 132 people were infected with the Cyclospora parasite after eating fresh basil at restaurants in Florida, Minnesota, New York, and Ohio, likely from uncooked foods such as basil pesto or salad.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is warning consumers to avoid eating more than 2 dozen salads and wraps sold to several major retailers throughout the U.S., as they may be contaminated with the bacterium...
More than 100 new cyclospora food poisoning illnesses have been reported across the U.S. in 2 separate outbreaks linked to contaminated salads sold at McDonald's restaurants, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced on Thursday.
The national food safety law firm of Ron Simon & Associates has filed a second lawsuit against McDonald's over an outbreak of cyclospora food poisoning cases linked to salads sold at its restaurants in Illinois and neighboring states.